The club’s over the board tournament is back! Well for now, just the Saturday games. We will have the tournament outdoors at SteelCraft Garden Grove.
Tournaments will have three rounds with check in at 9 AM. Rounds at 9:30 AM, 1:00 pm, and 4:30 pm (if rounds finish early, we will start the next rounds earlier.)
Time control: 85 min/5 sec delay
Entry fee: $30 Please sign up below so we can have a headcount to reserve the number of tables. Click here to Register , THEN submit your name and email in the form below.
Venue: SteelCraft Garden Grove 12900 S Euclid St, Garden Grove, CA 92840. Parking is free. Strict no outside food and drinks policy. Food and beverages are available for purchase on site from multiple vendors.
Please note that masks must be worn at ALL TIMES and we ask players to wash your hands before and after each round. If you experience any sickness on the day of the tournament, please do not come in. Send us an email if you’re not able to play that day, and we will give a full refund.
COVID related precautionary protocols
- Mask must be worn at all times while playing and in the playing area
- Avoid close personal contact with fellow chess players and other people present
- Wash hands before and after each round
- Say “Good Luck,” say “Great Game,” but no shaking hands
- Use hand sanitizers frequently (hand sanitizers will be provided at each side of the board)
- Utilize rubbing alcohol and wipes to wipe down chess pieces after each round. Please request these supplies at the check-in desk.
If you get any symptoms related to COVID within 14 days of this event, please contact us immediately, so we can make sure others are aware and go on quarantine.