Lessons are a great way to learn the skills necessary to play a game of chess such as how to move the pieces, capturing, checking, and checkmating. Teaching methods include lectures, practice games, and working through chess puzzles.
Beginner, Intermediate, and Advance Group Lessons
General group classes are offered in sessions (see below for dates) while private lessons are by appointment.
Winter Schedule January 2 – March 10, 2023
Spring Schedule March 20 – May 26, 2023
Once a week
Beginner-students are new to chess and have no experience or played chess for less than a year
- Beginner Wednesday (5-10 years old): 4:30 – 5:30 pm
- Beginner Thursday (7-17 years old): 5:15 – 6:15 pm
Intermediate Levels – Students must already know how the pieces move, be able to solve checkmate in one puzzles, or have taken the beginner classes
- Intermediate I (Rating under 800)
- Tuesday 4:00 – 5:00 pm, OR
- Thursday 4:00 – 5:00 pm
- Intermediate II (Rating 800-1200)
- Tuesday 5:15 – 6:15 pm
Advance: Students must have experience with playing at tournaments
- Advance (rated 1000 – 1400)
- Tuesday 6:00 – 7:00 pm
Private Lessons (one-on-one)
We are offering private chess lessons for beginners to intermediate players in person.
- Beginner: $60/lesson or 10-class package $500
- Intermediate (USCF rating of 1000 or above): $70/class or 10-class package $600
Lessons are for one-hour and can be scheduled anytime between 10 am – 6 pm, Monday to Sunday.