Chess is both an intellect building and mental exercise activity that helps develop habits of deep thinking and mental discipline that can be helpful in academics, in careers, and in life.
The chess club offer instructions for players of any age to learn and to improve their chess skills. General group classes are offered in quarterly sessions and private lessons are by appointment.
Teaching methods include lectures, practice games, and working through chess puzzles.
Learn the skills necessary to play a game of chess such as how to move the pieces, capturing, checking, and checkmating in a group setting of about 10-12 students. Classes are for one-hour.
- Beginner Wednesday (5-10 years old): 4:30 – 5:30 pm
- Beginner Thursday (7-14 years old): 5:00 – 6:00 pm
- Intermediate I (Rating under 800) Tuesday 4:00 – 5:00 pm, OR Thursday 4:00 – 5:00 pm
- Intermediate II (Rating 800-1200) Tuesday 5:00 – 6:00 pm
- Advance (rated 1000 – 1400)Tuesday 6:00 – 7:30 pm
- Adults Thursday 6:00-7:00 pm
More info and to register: Click Here
Private Lessons (one-on-one)
We are offering private chess lessons for beginners to intermediate players over Zoom or in person.
- Beginner: $60/lesson per hour or 10-class package of one-hour lessons for $500
- Intermediate (USCF rating of 1000 or above): $70/class or 10-class package $600
Lessons are for one-hour and can be scheduled anytime between 10 am – 6 pm, Monday to Sunday.