ChessPalace classes offer instructions for players of any age to learn and to improve their chess skills. General group classes are offered in sessions (see below for dates) and private lessons are by appointment.
Teaching methods include lectures, practice games, and working through chess puzzles.
Beginner Group Lessons
Learn the skills necessary to play a game of chess such as how to move the pieces, capturing, checking, and checkmating. Lessons are for six weeks, twice a week.
Fall 2021 Schedule
- Session I – T/Th August 24 – September 30
- Session II – W/F August 25 – October 1
- Session III – T/Th October 5 – November 11
- Session IV – W/F October 6 – November 12
Location: Live in person at the chess club
Session Fee: $280
Private Lessons (one-on-one)
We are offering private chess lessons for beginners to intermediate players over Zoom or in person.
- Beginner: $60/lesson or 10-class package $500
- Intermediate (USCF rating of 1000 or above): $70/class or 10-class package $600
Lessons are for one-hour and can be scheduled anytime between 10 am – 6 pm, Monday to Sunday.